To build a strong community of practice in long-term governance, we invite policy actors to join our network.
If you could be a great addition, fill out this form and we'll be in touch.
Are you a policymaker?
Embed concern for future generations into your work by connecting with other policymakers and leading scholars in the fields of decision-making, global catastrophic risks and Longtermism to exchange best practices and stay up to date.
Are you a researcher?
Make your research maximally policy-relevant by connecting with decision-makers and potential collaborators.
- We organize themed biannual retreats for in-depth exchange.
- We maintain a chat platform for asynchronous discussions.
- We match you with other members based on your interests and needs.
We use Zulip for communication. It's like Slack but with proper threading - a great mix between a chat and a forum that won't flood your email inbox. You can join streams for topical discussions, share updates, job postings and more. You can also have private chats - one-on-one or in groups.
New to Zulip?
Here's the user guide. You can:
- Join and create new streams (there’s a cog next to “Streams” in the left panel, if clicked, a tab in the pop-up window shows “All streams”, as well as a “+” to create new ones)
- “Star” (favourite) entire streams to see at the top of your list
- Flag (“star” again) single messages to save them/respond later
- Silence single topics or entire streams if you need a break
- Get email notifications for particular people, topics or streams
Introduce yourself to make it easier to get a feel for who’s who.